If you’re a confident, people person looking for a new opportunity to make their mark within a fast-growing company within the craft beverage industry, then Core Equipment is the place for you.
Based in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, Core Equipment is the UK’s leading supplier of winery and wine-making equipment representing some of the world’s leading winery equipment manufacturers. As with the wine sector, the company has seen dramatic growth and as such is now seeking to recruit a Business Manager to lead wine related business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for winning new business across the UK. Representing market leaders, the business manager will be responsible for developing the company’s business with UK wine producers and with a particular focus on those based in the southeast of England. Building upon our existing success, you will take the commercial lead in sales development, visiting our customers premises to promote our range of equipment and services.
In addition, you will also be responsible for product demonstrations, becoming the company’s lead for wine sector technical knowledge and be the company’s representative at industry networking events as well as building supplier relationships.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and delivery focused people person. The ideal candidate should have a passion for the wine industry, educated to degree level in a technical subject, preferably with a wine related qualification. You will need a flexible approach to workload, confident in understanding and delivering technical specifications, issues and concepts and ability to clearly communicate any complex requirements to/from the wider team at Core. Enjoy travel, both within the UK and abroad is a benefit.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
• Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical subject
• Post-graduate or higher qualification in Oenology / winemaking
• Previous exposure to a commercial environment in either a sales or technical role
• Personable and comfortable in networking and social situations
• A passion for the wine industry
• Ambitious, confident and a will to succeed and advance in your career
• Good attention to detail in both written and verbal communications
• Full UK driving licence
Please note, this is a “field based” role which will require travel around the U.K to visit customers, mainly in the southeast.
What’s in it for you?
• £45k base salary
• £100k on target earnings with un-capped commission paid quarterly
• Company car or car allowance
• Home office package including laptop computer and smart phone
• 25 days paid holiday per year in addition to public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Industry leading product and sales training
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com to the attention of Jonathan Chaplin, Managing Director.